There are several reasons why you would want to remove the smoke smell from your home. No one enjoys a smokey house, regardless of the cause—burnt toast, cigarette smoke, an awful house fire, etc.—and we’re here to help you get rid of that persistent smoke smell. Increasing ventilation, improving natural light, and reducing humidity are generally good answers to the question of how to get rid of the smoke smell in the house. A thorough deep cleaning of your home may be necessary, depending on how offensive the scent is. We hope that our top 10 tips will help you emerge from it with an odor-free house. It’s packed with advice on how to get rid of odors and how to clean things that you might have forgotten about yet might still be carrying residual smoke smells. So, without wasting any more time, let’s dig in.
- Exhaust It Out – All the fans should be turned on, including the kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans. To cycle the air in your home and eliminate the odor of smoke with a crisp, external breeze, install box fans in your windows looking out.
- Open Doors & Windows – Open all of your home’s windows and doors to let fresh air in, which can help destroy bacteria and germs.
- Proper Cleaning – Vacuum, mopping, and sweeping can be one of the top answers to the question of how to get rid of the smoke smell in the house. Vacuum everything instead of stopping at the carpet. the floors, carpets, drapes, and furniture especially beneath cushions. Between sessions, double ensure that the filter in your vacuum is clean. Next, cover the entire carpet with baking soda, let it sit there all night, then vacuum it up the next morning. Upholstered furniture may also be used in the same way.
- Cleaning The Glasses – Vinegar and warm water combined with a clean water rinse should be used to clean all glass and mirrors. Unexpectedly large amounts of tar and soot from the smoke are retained by these hard surfaces. Finish them off with some simple glass cleaner if your homemade cleaning solution leaves your glass streaky.
- Smoxy At Your Service – Using smoke odor eliminator sprays from a reputed brand like Smoxy can quickly freshen up smoky-smelling spaces and get rid of residual smells.
- Magic Of Charcoal – Throughout your home, place bowls of activated charcoal to absorb the smokey smell. In addition, putting out bowls of kitten litter, baking soda, or coffee grounds may also assist to absorb odors.
- Consider Vinegar – Another solution to the question of how to get rid of the smoke smell in the house is to wash the walls and ceilings with vinegar. Moreover, cleaning your kitchen surfaces and cabinets is essential. Let the vinegar completely dry before rinsing it off. I’m sorry to advise that it’s probably time to repaint if your walls still smell.
- Advanced Deodorizing – You may prepare a little vinegar and baking soda mixture to spray on materials like curtains and carpets for further deodorizing. When washing towels, slipcovers, linens, or bedding, don’t be hesitant to include a little apple cider vinegar with your laundry detergent.
- Go Outdoor – If you want to smoke, cease doing it inside the house and empty all ashtrays. Move it outdoors to the porch and backyard so that there is less chance of the absorbent cloth absorbing your breath. This can be one of the best answers to the question of how to get rid of the smoke smell in the house. Try storing your garments, which smell like smoke, in a covered hamper and wash them periodically.
- Focus On Air Filter – To increase airflow and circulation in your house, try replacing the air filters in the heating and cooling systems. There is a good chance that particles with a smoke odor may become trapped.
Well, there you have it! These are the top 10 tips and tricks that you must follow to eliminate smoke odor.
Type Of Odor Eliminators That Help Remove Odors
Whenever the question of how to get rid of the smoke smell in the house pops up, don’t forget to visit Smoxy’s website for great tips like these. In addition, you can also consider using smoke odor-eliminator products such as Smoxy’s odor-eliminating sprays and scented candles for optimal results. These are the products that are crafted in a way that can eliminate all the unwanted smoke smells from your house and keep it smelling fresh. Visit our website for more information and follow us on Instagram for regular updates.